Toro Super 604

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by NC_Irrigator, Jul 9, 2008.

1. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Installed them in my backyard a while back. Found them on ebay, some guy had them and never used them.

These sprinklers have the forward and tail nozzles, for full circle only. Like a super 600, but with an additional nozzle for the back side.

Only old school guys might appreciate this, I cant find a date code on them, id have to guess mid-late 80's

Flame on if you like.....

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Can you unscrew the nozzle 'turret' ?

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I will knock any residential sprinkler product that starts with a "T" and ends with "oro" and no letters in between. Couldn't tell ya which one is the Super 604, and couldn't care less. I throw out more Toro products than probably all others combined.

4. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Our first flamer!!
    I throw out more Super 700's than any other rotor combined.

No, The stem is more like a 300 series, the top 3/4" of the head rotates. a 600's whole stem rotates i do beleive
    isnt the 600's stem secured with an allen wrench set screw?

5. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

So Dana does that mean you really like Toro?? When I worked for Elon that is all they would install was toro everything. I ran into the 600's. I always likes the way the 300 looked when working correct.

6. Wet_Boots

Sounds like the Super604 is really a full-circle XP-300 with a two-nozzle turret instead of the usual four-nozzle one. Wonder if you could remove the turret and place a half-circle arc disc in it.

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe I did not make myself clear.... no, I very much dislike all residential Toro products :)

8. Wet_Boots

Awwwww, but what about the stream rotor heads?

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Replaced too many that stopped or were clogged and not spraying properly.

10. Wet_Boots

So, you never installed a system with them? Were the heads you replaced set below grade? When you do a stream rotor job, and have zero head replacements over the next decade, their reliability becomes obvious. Only the Rainbird R-50 has equalled the Stream Rotor reliability record, of recently made heads. (and the old Safe-T-Lawn rotor exceeded it, but that's vanished into the mists of history)