1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Toro Super Recycler problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by rpaquet, May 20, 2009.

1. rpaquet

rpaquet LawnSite Member

My mower problem started in the middle of last summer. There is a periodic surge that might sound like "WAAAAAAUUWAAAAAAAAUUWAAAAAAUU" while it is running.

Mower=>Toro Super Recycler GTS5
    Engine family=>SBS150U1G1RA:EM
    6HP engine

The problem doesn't seem as bad this spring, but is still present. I appreciate your efforts.

2. rpaquet

rpaquet LawnSite Member

Doesn't anyone have any clues here? I can add that it sounds as if the RPM's are changing with this periodic sound.

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Hmmm, Must have missed this one......

Sounds like you need to get into the carb and give it a good cleaning;

Take the carb. off then tear it down, Spray carb. & choke cleaner with the straw through ALL ports, passages and jets then blow it out with compressed air if available then re-assemble, Clean the fuel tank and flush/replace the fuel hose.

4. rpaquet

rpaquet LawnSite Member

:)You found me!! Thanks. Is it simpler than 2 stroke carby? Do I need assembly info? Are there any check valves that may be damaged by compressed air?

5. Restrorob

Post the mower model AND serial numbers off the white decal on the mower deck.

6. rpaquet

rpaquet LawnSite Member

There is no white tag on the deck. The following info was on tag on the fuel tank:

Mower=>Toro Super Recycler GTS5
    Family=>SBS150U1G1RA:EM
    6HP engine

7. Restrorob

Oh well, Here is just a guess at what carb that may be on your unit, Just be careful not to blow the welch plug out #127 with your blow gun.

[​IMG]

8. DT Lawn Care

DT Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

On all of my Super Recyclers, the model and serial #s are under the dashboard (I guess that's my best name for it :)) right where you grip your hands. Just look under there, and they're on a white slip. Unless it's gone. Carb cleaning sounds like the right answer. GL