Toro Super Recycler vs Honda

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheGrassGuy, Aug 24, 2002.

1. TheGrassGuy

TheGrassGuy LawnSite Member

I just returned my Honda to the dealer. Under powered, poor mulching, low even on highest setting and left uncut grass. Went up the street and bought a Toro Super Recycler with Personal Pace. So far it is a much better mower. No sign of clippings, lots of power and the self propel is easy to use. It was also $40 less in price. So far I am very pleased with it and would recommend this over a Honda especially if you plan on doing a lot of mulching.

2. MJStrain

MJStrain LawnSite Member

I've two Toro Super Recycler's in my garage and wouldn't even dream of replacing them with something else. Top of the line equipment they are!:)

Michael

3. shearbolt

shearbolt LawnSite Member

Amen! My old Toro 2-stroke commercial gave up the the ghost and so I got out my newer Honda. No comparison. Toro 21 all the way. Power, speed, toughness, mulching. I hate that blade engage on my Honda.

4. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Toro 21's here, too !!

5. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

my Honda also cuts too low...and always needs a new part...great engine...lousy mower

6. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

My honda, engine indestructible (sp?) but the deck ****,
    My new 2cycle toro mulches and bags great. I love that mower and it replaced my worn out toro 4 cycle another great mower.

7. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Does anyone own or ever owned the Exmark Metro 21? Does it do just as good of a job as the Toro commercial-basically the same mower, right?

8. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Yes the exmark is basically the toro. Exmark only offers the 6hsp kawi on their machine while toro offers the kawi, a 5.5 2cycle suzuki and a 6.5 briggs. The mowers are the same except that toro has grass kickers (2) under the deck to help with mulching. I think the exmark is more expensive too, I dont know why but here the dealer doesnt stock 21 metros since they are $1100. My toro was $950 + tax.

9. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Thanks. I will be buying another 21 next season. I am deciding between the Toro and the Ex. I will probably go with the Toro 2-cycle.

10. Enjoy the 5.5 2cycle suzuki . Here in California, becuase they don't meet carb complaince, can't get it anymore nor will a dealer ship to CA.

One thing, the 2 cycle lawnmower is on it's last legs. Soon, by E P A mandate, you will no longer be able to get a 2 cycle engine for mowers. I think the time frame is from 2004 to 2006.

I do like the toro's as a mulcher better than the honda, but do get good results using Gator blades when mulching. Sometimes I have to spread some left over with the blower.