TORO swallowing up Exmark???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TPLawnPro, Jan 16, 2007.

1. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like Toro is about to gobble up Exmark. So, when do you all think Exmark will take the TORO name?

My point is: For 2007, Toro is coming out with an improved 36" and 40" Hydro (Floating Deck) w/ the Kawasaki 17 hp engine & electric start. Exmark has been sitting on the Turf Tracer HP - 36", w/ a 15 hp option forever. Down here in the south, where the grass gets thick, Toro's new 36" and 40" with the 17 hp Kaw. is going to be a welcome addition to many lco's mowing arsenal. Moreover, IMHO Toro's Z's are also simply incredible!

Exmark dealers in the south - LOOKOUT! It's just a little obvious that TORO has grown bigger ballz in giving lco's what they really want; moreso than Exmark.

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Never happen, the Exmark name sells too well. They still compete against each other so I expect each to come out with their own version. I wouldn't mind buying a Toro ZTR but the engine choice is not very good compared to Exmark or Scag. I was watching for them to put a 28 Kawasaki, or a big block Briggs like Exmark has but the 30 Kohler (which I don't like) is the biggest they offer. Exmark has the 28, 29 Kawasaki and the 31-35 Briggs. Just my thoughts because we have a Toro dealer closer and it would be convinient, but I want a bigger engine (not the 30 Kohler plagued with carb problems)

3. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

From a marketing standpoint, combining the brands will be a huge cost savings.

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

In the real world it doesn't work that way. Chevy and GMC sell more than either would alone. Toyota, Lexus, Scion (same company) sell more units by attracting a different group of customers. Nissan, Infinity. GM sells Chevy, Pontiac, Saturn, etc. It's a proven system that works.

5. TPLawnPro

...is apparently GMC to Chevrolet, the Lexus to Toyota, and the Infinity to Nissan. It is obvious that Toro is the superior product. Now, I don't mean that Exmark is poor product or anything. I think Exmark builds a great product, but Toro definitely has the upper hand between the two brands. Exmark just sits on their azz, while Toro designs and improves their products each year.

6. TPLawnPro

...the switch To TORO. "Finally, a decision that isn't difficult to make."

7. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

Your avatar to?:laugh:

8. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Where do you come up with this stuff?

9. TPLawnPro

...I don't like or own Exmark. It just looks like I'm going with Toro from here on out.

10. TPLawnPro

Enlighten me.