Toro T-Bar w/ Turbo-Force Deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by whoopassonthebluegrass, May 19, 2008.

1. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

For those of you who have Toro T-Bar with the TurboForce deck... AND have use on an old SFS Deck unit...

Is it just me, or is the immense weight of the TurboForce Deck creating monster wear and tear on the rest of the machine? My experience includes 2 older SFS Decked 36" T-Bars (both now owned by LawnTamer). We achieved multiple years of use (avg 50-60 lawns x 30 weeks/yr) on our tires and belts...

But since purchasing the TurboForce, in a year and a half I'm about to buy my 3rd set of tires and my second set of the traction belts.

Not only that, but my belt pulleys mounted to the left rear wheel are worn out! I kid you not. That finished edge on their lips has been worn down to a razor's edge. Had to take the ones off my old Lesco to keep it running...

Now, all that being said, my mower is modified to run faster. But I didn't do that till late last fall, and I was seeing these issues before then...

ANYONE ELSE SEEING THIS SIDE EFFECT OF THE NEW DECKS? I love the mower in a lot of ways, but it's operating costs are way up compared to the old units, in regards to maintenance expenses...

2. whoopassonthebluegrass

bump............

3. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i have one of each and i havent noticed anything

4. whoopassonthebluegrass

How much use do they have?

5. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

Sfs Is 4 Years Old And Turbo Force Is About A Year The Sfs Gets Used More Because Its Got A Bigger Deck