1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro T bar

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jrebeiro, Apr 16, 2001.

1. jrebeiro

jrebeiro LawnSite Member

I'm hearing all the time of people using a Toro T bar on non Toro mowers. Is this possible and if so where can I get them for my Scag wb's?
  2. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

I asked last week when someone posted they had done this. Never heard a word. I would like to know, too!
  3. Stonewall

Stonewall LawnSite Senior Member

Edward Hedrick put one on his Lesco for about $250, but I haven't seen a picture of it yet.
  4. ETturfman

ETturfman LawnSite Member

How about putting one on a Honda WB? Sure would like to know....
  5. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Took pictures today will get them processed andput on site.
    The local Toro dealer can supply new parts. Or look for a
    junk Toro. the older handles are better. the older ones
    have full radius bends later ones have mandrel bends. I made the console. but Toro also has one. The price was about $250. Less expensive than a Hydro.
  6. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I know you guys love the t, and i've had one for 5 years or so. I gotta tell ya, the hustler is by far better, and an employee can make you money with it the first day, not in a week. The Hydro t took me a week to get good, and a few weeks to get really good. Dave
  7. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I 've tried the hydro Toro seems to be jumpy, tried a hustler shortcut, wish their z ridr had the H bar. Easier
    to use than two levers
  8. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I heard that the Toro dealers have some replacement valves for Toro hydros that will make them smoother to operate. Has anyone out there done this retro-fit, and was it worth it?