Toro "T-Bar"

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by sbc1971, Mar 14, 2006.

1. sbc1971

sbc1971 LawnSite Member

Anybody use a T-Bar Toro? I just purchased one and I really don't like the way it steers.I'm struggling with it.

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I demoed one last year at a local shops open house. I wasn't overly impressed...although it is better than the pistol grips on my scags.

3. All-Pro LawnCare

All-Pro LawnCare LawnSite Member
    from NC

Give it some time. Takes a little while to get the hang of it

4. sbc1971

sbc1971 LawnSite Member

I was thinking the same thing.I trust this dealer alot and got it on his advise.I hope it comes to me with a little practice.

5. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I have had one for 8 years........love it......

Derek

6. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i've been running them for 10 years just give it some time till you get the hang of it you won't want anything else

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have one and love it,loved it from the 1st time I used it.I was pretty dis-pleased with pistol grips. Give it a few days and get used to it and I think you will like it alot. Is it a beltdrive or hydro?

wayne

8. LHSlawnman86

LHSlawnman86 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

i have had my toro t-bar for about 2 years now and at the end of the day you will appreciate it. it is extremely easy to use and get the hang of.

9. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

I actually crashed into a fence my first day with the t bar...LOL
    Dont start mowing in 4th gear the first time, for some reason it took me a week to learn how to steer like that... I guess there weren't enough video games to prepare me for that! LOL

It is alot better than the pistol grips for sure, although I saw a Bunton the other day that had Z controls... that intrigued me!

Bill

10. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

I used pistol grips for 15 years and thought that hand numbness and pain was just part of the game...that is until I went with my dealers recommendation of the Toro with the "T"bar. 5 years later and now the only numbness I get is from the weed eater, but I found a cure for that too--a helper:laugh:

Oh yeah, it takes a little while to get used too.