toro timecutter z ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nitro Junkie, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Nitro Junkie

Nitro Junkie LawnSite Member
    from va

starting a new biz and thinking of the timecutter z to start out with. Any suggestions ?(trying to stay in that price range) Any pro/cons to a ride on or walkbehind ? :help:

2. MOJO111

MOJO111 LawnSite Member

To much plastic on the time cutters. none commercial. I've got an Ariens zoom 1640 classed as a top end homeowner/ commercial. Not full commercial .But if ya look after anything it'll last the distance, as long as ya not bush bashing. Its a top unit and in your price range check em out www.ariens.com cheers. :waving:

3. DanTheGrassman

DanTheGrassman LawnSite Member
    from Canada

I have the 2002 model year time cutter z with the bagging system with over 400 hours on it. For the price I paid I definitely cannot complain. It has been a good first riding lawn mower purchase for me. As for the comment about plastic what are you talking about? I know my model is the old style 44" one, and the newer style 42" model ones (2003,2004,2005) look like they have more plastic but the guts are pretty much the same.

I use mine for residential purposes, acreages, and small industrial/commerical. It was definitely a smart first purchase for me!

Dan.

4. Nitro Junkie

Nitro Junkie LawnSite Member
    from va

i thinki he is reffering to the shell around the seat. At the dealer other than that it looked like steel to me

5. MOJO111

MOJO111 LawnSite Member

No I was meaning the mulch plug and baffle insert ya got to get under to see it . thats if they have a demo fitted with it. but I know the mulch kit is high impact plastic.

6. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 2003 Toro Timecutter Z 14hp 38" deck that i bought new. It has about 200 hours on it. The only major problem i ever had was the weld broke on the right front spindel. The dealer replaced it under warrenty so it wasn't a big deal. Other than that, for the price ($2499) I can't complain!