1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro Timemaster 30 ( another review)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by acresofgreen, Jun 23, 2014.

1. acresofgreen

acresofgreen LawnSite Member

I've had 2 now and I am about to set both of them on fire. 1st one motor work after only a year and the 2nd one now is having serious issues and it is only at the 1 year mark as well. It will mow for a while and then the motor just slows way down and the blades hardly spin and then for no reason at all the motor wraps back up and mows again. ( frustrating ad hell)! The governor Spring in the front seems to always need adjusted as well. I know everyone is sick of talking about these but I think it's time I just call them junk!
  2. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm decided. I'm not going this route. Too many issues that i've been reading about. I'm gradually down sizing and tightening my service radius. I'll be looking for a great 21/22" or something around 30 inches. No timemaster for me.
  3. olajoe808

olajoe808 LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5b

just sold my turfmaster gonna pick up two of these little timmy's, yehaa.. there's a guy on here says when gots a problem just take it to the dealer. Probably have to park block down the road, change into regular clothes, then push mower in like average joe, but who cares
  4. acresofgreen

When they are running well, I do have to admit they are quick and easy to use machines and the cut quality isn't bad. I'm just tired of having them worked on.
  5. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 2 timemasters and 1 turf master We use them commercially with no issues except tranny adjustments. That's it. The tires on the timemaster are wearing out now. 2 seasons on the one
  6. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Wonder if we could just put the kawi engine on the Timemaster. kawi engine is only $350 or so.
    ericg likes this.
  7. acresofgreen

If we could put the Kawi engine on I think we would have a machine then!
  8. acresofgreen

The maneuverability and cut quality is almost worth the headaches that come with them.
  9. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

That is why I am keeping mine.
  10. MiscCleanUpCrew

MiscCleanUpCrew LawnSite Member

I love my Turf Master and like acres of green and sjessen said it's easy to maneuver.
    Posted via Mobile Device