Toro Timemaster 30 ( another review)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by acresofgreen, Jun 23, 2014.

1. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

If you are a solo guy like me the Timemaster will serve you well. If you run crews/have employees the commercial unit will last a lot longer and be cheaper to own in the long run.

2. SGL1

SGL1 LawnSite Member
    Male, from Spring, TX

My local Toro dealer today told me that they've been having trouble with the belts slipping quite a bit. Moreso on the Timemaster but an issue with both models, just not as bad on the Turfmaster/Exmark 30.

The Timemaster would be great for me because I am a solo operator only doing residential lots right now and it would fill the gap until I build up my business and can afford to pay cash for a good commercial 34-36" walk behind. Or least finance a small amount.

3. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

I got a 36" exmark metro walk behind for $1500 with about 200 hours. It has been great and I would recommend that over a $1000 push mower. I bought a timemaster but don't recommend it. The height adjustment was breaking, it couldn't handle one of my weekly accounts after less than 5 hours of use... I returned it.

4. jmills002

jmills002 LawnSite Member

I replaced my back tires with the Exmark commercial 30. They last longer than the Toro.

5. SGL1

SGL1 LawnSite Member
    Male, from Spring, TX

That's a great deal. I just want a smaller unit to get through narrow gates. I think a 32" or 34" walk behind. My dealer can sell me a 32" Gravely new for $2600 but I'm not sure if I want to go that route yet.

6. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

But, you can't do this with a WB. :laugh:

[​IMG]

7. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm surprised at my 2000 exmark 36". It's starting to burn oil, but i just add it before each cut. It will not die, and i will run it until it does die. The best $800 i ever spent.

8. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MD/NC

Whiffy- Did you end up buying one? How do you like it?

9. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

No I will next year. Stuck it out with the 21s this year
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Kawizx62003

Kawizx62003 LawnSite Silver Member

I am not completely sold on the 30 turfmaster (I know this is thread for timemaster). Its a decent mower but as stated before in other threads it is underpowered. 90% of mine are weekly and still it bogs in a healthy lawn mulching. Yesterday the morning dew was heavy and it was an annoying first half day with it. I am not opposed to switching to 21's next year. It would be a crew of 2 with either... I am hoping they improve its capabilities. Then again could be different in your are which I am assuming is VA also. Im at 32 hours.