1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro Timemaster 30" Just arrived today and it has the worst cut I've ever seen

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by indy_gt, May 11, 2012.

1. stansoph

stansoph LawnSite Member

The deck was blowing out around the edges. It would blow leaves away instead of sucking them up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

MS_SURVEYOR LawnSite Bronze Member

try this

Mower Deck Blowout Google Search

mower deck blowout for me is when there is too much air flow within the deck causing clippings to blowout around the deck as much or more than what is coming out of the discharge chute. The results are excess grass clippings on top of the deck, and you.
  3. stansoph

stansoph LawnSite Member

Basically what was happening at 1/2" extra deflection. 1/4" has more vacuum than the other at 1/2".

I need another cup of coffee--my answers are probably not the best. ;)
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. stansoph

stansoph LawnSite Member

I mulch mow so the 1/4" lift works great. If you are catching then the 1/2" or more would probably work better since there is more flow thru the catcher.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. LawnSalon

LawnSalon LawnSite Member

I have never experienced blowout so I was unfamiliar with the terminology. Thanks for the clarification.
  6. johnu

johnu LawnSite Member

After a summer of use with my Timemaster with mulch blades added from a Turfmaster..... I'm still happy with my purchase. It mulched my deep grass without issues. Turfmaster blades are much better then the standard blade that comes on the Timemaster, which loaded the deck undersides with grass and had to be cleaned after every use or it smelled. The Turfmaster blades leave the deck almost grass free after a mulching. This fall it sucked up leaves and bagged with no issues.... As you lower the deck the vacuum improves of course.
    My Honda 21" hydo stayed on the sides lines for my wife to use when I traveled. Yes, the Honda is quieter but I love the 40 minute mow times with the Toro vs the 60 minutes with the Honda.