Toro Timemaster 30" Just arrived today and it has the worst cut I've ever seen

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by indy_gt, May 11, 2012.

1. hammmerhead

hammmerhead LawnSite Senior Member
    from ozarks

Looks good to me. You mulching?

Pretty home too!

2. TForan

TForan LawnSite Member
    from MI

Thanks, I bag the lawn usually.

3. hammmerhead

hammmerhead LawnSite Senior Member
    from ozarks

Think the OP was mulching with side discharge blocked. It also looked like he was cutting Zoysia which I find not easy to mulch here down south.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Well now, since YOU poked the bear...

You may not be aware of this but these boards are intended for professionals. We do have a board just for homeowners such as yourself.

The mower was originally posted about as a possible use for commercial cutters. I am very well aware of it's intended uses. You're inserting your homeowner opinion into a discussion that is intended for professionals. I think Amazon may have a review area for persons such as yourself.

5. TForan

TForan LawnSite Member
    from MI

Why would you ever think that a mower that was designed for homeowners would work in a commercial application? That's like putting a gas motor in a ten yard dump truck and wonder why it didn't last. I had Ferris pro mowers for 20 years and yes, they break down too.

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I don't think Richard thinks the machine would hold up to commercial use.
    His point is this is not the home owner thread so all discussions about the machine in this thread is based on it being used for commercial purpose.

You are posting irrelevant info since your home owner experience does not apply to this tread.

That is his point. :hammerhead:

7. TForan

TForan LawnSite Member
    from MI

All I was doing was showing that the TM can give you a quality cut. OK?

8. Duekster

from DFW, TX

I do not mind homeowners joining in but you have to keep the perspective of what is being discussed. Nice homeowner unit.

Under powered for fast production and not rugged enough to mow all day every day. :rolleyes:

9. TForan

TForan LawnSite Member
    from MI

Is the OP a pro? I don't think so. I'm glad you don't mind, chief.

10. Duekster

from DFW, TX

Prolly Not.

The thread is in Lawn Care and Landscape Business > Lawn and Landscape Maintenance> Commerical and Residential Mowing.

Since the OP only has a hand full of post, he likely thinks Residential Mowing is the same as Homeowner and Home Owner assistance. :laugh:

On the otherhand, Home Owners should not be defending home owner equipment to us commecial guys and then get snappy about it.