Toro TimeMaster 30 vs Exmark Commercial 30 vs Toro Commercial 30 vs yBravo 25

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Exact Rototilling, Mar 14, 2013.

1. stansoph

stansoph LawnSite Member

Kbg rye mix. Its Seattle it rains and never gets hot. I have lived here for 12 years and haven't been warm or dry yet.

I assume you are cutting fescue. You shouldn't have any problems mulching the leaves into the fescue.

I think it mulches a bit better with the baffle.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I was just curious as to what cool season turf could be cut with a reel, but cool and moist conditions mean you can go short. Here it gets into the 90's during July and August with a lack of rain, well till lately we been getting more than you do.

3. stansoph

stansoph LawnSite Member

The part numbers:

Blades engage belt, not the cogged belt.
    Toro# 121-5765

Drive belt for transmission: Toro 120-9470
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. cms_

cms_ LawnSite Member

Guys,

What is the part number for turfmaster baffle that will work in the timemaster?

Thanks

5. stansoph

stansoph LawnSite Member

116-5588-01
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. cms_

cms_ LawnSite Member

Thanks, I called a local dealer and they said that it was not available??

The belt part numbers you posted above. Are those replacement belts for the timemaster?

7. stansoph

stansoph LawnSite Member

Yes timemaster belts. go to another dealer. What if you had a Turfmaster and broke yours. How are you supposed to get the part? Shenanigans
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. cms_

cms_ LawnSite Member

I bought the 30" Timemaster 2 weeks ago. I put the turfmaster blades and the TM baffle in before I cut the first blade of grass. Ive been through 3 tanks of gas. I have bagged the whole time. I've cut some 12" grass, up and down and side to side around my ponds. I love it! has cranked on the first pull everytime. Cut looks great compared to my older underpowered Honda 216.

I will post some pics of the cut. I love being able to dump the bagger and the mower still be running. I read all of the negative stuff. Personal pace is awesome too.

I like it so much I am thinking of buying the Toro 21" Super Recycler 20383. I can get a smoking deal on the non spin stop blade system but for me it's worth the extra money.

9. johnu

johnu LawnSite Member

CMS,
    Yup, I hear you. I see my Honda sitting in the corner and it looks so...tiny! Comparing the cut with a sharp blade the Toro seems to have the edge with my eye. It might be with the wider track you'll have less grass bent over by the wheels to spring back up. The Honda is quieter!

10. cms_

cms_ LawnSite Member

I love my old Honda. I actually bought it in 1994. The 2 problems I can't get around is that it will not cut high enough and it seems under powered when using it for multching. It's could honestly use a new blade I'm sure. I've used it here and there over the years. Never have used it for long periods of time. The newer ones cut up to 4" where my old is at 3.5".