Toro TimeMaster 30 vs Exmark Commercial 30 vs Toro Commercial 30 vs yBravo 25

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Exact Rototilling, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Platinum2

Platinum2 LawnSite Member

From what I've read, the BG 34 has a great cut with striping. Not sure how it stripes since there are no rollers, etc. Anyway, you're probably right with the Simplicity. I grew up with those and they always performed well. A lot of guys seem to like the Cub's cut too. The Simplicity is a larger machine than I would like to have (overall size). I'd say I'm likely going to go with the BG 34, Cub, Simplicity probably in that order.

GW

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  2. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm borrowing my friend's Timemaster to use on several yards tommoroh. As someone said, it reminds me of Darth Maul. Just an idea, does anyone know if the wheel on the turfmaster could be put on the Timemaster. Or does it have a different bolt setup?

darth-maul-7.jpg

3. lawnsaspire

4. lawnsaspire

Exact, in addition to my previous questions, just wondering how many hrs you would say on your timemaster? My biggest concern is the Briggs longevity prospects vs. Kawasaki. This would be a primary use mower for me.

5. Platinum2

I made it to 13 hours before engine failure.

GW
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Well I bought a timemaster today. Tomorrow will be a decent day to try it out. I used it around the house and seemed to cut well.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Platinum2

Wishing you the best my man!

GW
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. lawnsaspire

I used the friend's timemaster today as I said on yards where I normally use Quick 36. I got done much earlier today despite the 6 inch difference. I can get the mower off the trailer, set appropriate height setting and get ready to either bag or mulch in less time that it takes me to do those things with the Quick. Plus I don't have to mess with heavy bagger. To me this mower or perhaps the turfmaster eliminates the need for either the 36 or 21 anymore. Perhaps I should keep the 36 for leaf mulching in fall, as the Toro has less power for that end of the work. Not sure yet.

9. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

How's the quality of cut compared to your Scag, Q36 & Honda?

10. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

One note about the Timemaster. The height of cut settings on 2013 models are 1/4" off. The manual says the gas tank holds enough gas for approx. 1 hour run time.