Toro TimeMaster 30 vs Exmark Commercial 30 vs Toro Commercial 30 vs yBravo 25

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Exact Rototilling, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Lawnaspire,

Really not sure .... 200- 400 hours maybe....? The mower shows signs if wear on the wheels....I do find myself using it more this year since the TurfMaster blades bag much better. I hate bagging with a passion and I typically won't take on accounts that request it. Land of GHS Walkers here. Valuable organic nutrients hauled off in mass.....but sometimes you gotta bag....and when you do on small lawn a rear bagger non 21" rocks. :)

The TimeMaster should ship with the higher lift blades....?.....that ship on the TurfMaster....?

Supposedly there are commercial Exmark/Toro specific TurfMaster mulching blades that can be ordered for use with the front mulch baffle.....?....? I have not chased this down.

Maybe the Toro/Exmark rep can chime in....?....?

We all know they watch these threads. :D

Still my Quick BOP Duallys are faster and easier to use with reduced throttle for pass #1 when mulching. Pass #2 is full throttle. Absolutely love the Quick Duallys....

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  2. Exact Rototilling

Is it off on the up or down side? I have never verified mine.

If a larger tank option could be found....? This would be a worthy modification/ upgrade for the non homeowner.

When the Lawn Solutions WB aerator first came out with this.same basic engine and same tank....there was much hate for the tiny tank. David keep saying options were being.explored. Not sure what ever became of that....?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  3. Exact Rototilling

Compared to the Q32 and Q36.....it will never match the tight cut of these mowers.

With the Higher lift TurfMaster blades it is pretty solid.

On my yBravo25 I run an assortment of non-standard blades that also deliver a tighter cut than OEM....

4. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

1/4th inch higher. Top height is 4 and 1/4".

5. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

The Cut quality in my opinion is very good. The Quick 36 deck get's stuffed up just as bad as the Timemaster in thick fertilized grass. Of course I haven't done all the blade experiments on my 36 that Exact has. Also I wasn't using the high lifts. No cut beats the Scag when blades are sharp and deck is clean. I think it offers a great cut. You have to double cut some of this high spring growth, but it left stripes when I did it. I can't decide whether to get it or the Turfmaster. The only real concern on the Timemaster is the Briggs Engine and the Personal Pace drive setup. But the transmissions on the comm model is suspect right now also. Plus the ho model is more light and nimble. What to do What to do? I'll decide by Monday. After using my friends I feel like I can't do with out at least one of them. I feel like this mower was invented with my business and lawns in mind if that makes sense.

6. lawnsaspire

Also, I forgot to mention that the engine on my friend's Timemaster would surge when blades not engaged. Cause of concern.

7. Exact Rototilling

Mine also does this from time to time has blown up yet. :laugh:

Have you demo'ed a Exmark or Toro TurfMaster yet....? If you did...I missed that.

Have you had a chance to run the TurfMaster blades on the TimeMaster yet...?

8. stansoph

stansoph LawnSite Member

Turfmaster blades on the Timemaster make a huge difference. I think you friend would find they are much better.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. lawnsaspire

No I used the stock blades. I haven't demoed the Turfmaster. I Will be making a purchase early next wk. Plus I hit a water marker with my Honda today and now it's vibrating violently so I have to get another mower.:laugh: ( Blades not bent) I'm leaning toward Timemaster, use it for at least two years as primary mower, and then go to the Turfmaster as all the 1st year bugs will be ironed out by then one would hope.

10. Exact Rototilling

If you're stuck bagging.... the TurfMaster blades make a very noticeable difference.
    Posted via Mobile Device