1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Toro Titan mx5480

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Star Landscapes, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Star Landscapes

Star Landscapes LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a review of the toro Titan mx 5480 zero turn?

2. welldone2523

welldone2523 LawnSite Member

Although they say it is a homeowner mower built with commercial work in mind....I own one and believe it to be at the commercial level. I am in my 2nd year with it and at 162hrs and the only thing I have done is regular preventative maintenance on it. I use this daily for my Lawn Care business...I have used it on the toughest terrain (against my wishes, none the less) and it has performed flawlessly. Because of this machine, I have nothing but a Toro fleet now..and best part....it was all free!!! Well not everything, I bought a Toro hat that cost over 10,000. Ha! IMO, I took a chance purchasing it with the budget I had at the time...I am now adding to my fleet again and will be walking through the Toro dealership doors next week to pickup a Toro diesel...Go for it!

3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

at $6K, it's hard to think of it as a residential home owner model...

4. round about

round about LawnSite Member

I purchased one last season at the start of the season. Its very nice but I have been a tractor type mower person. This is my second season with it. This is my second zero turn and my first was a John Deere Walkbehind which I used on hillsides next to the water front properties that I mower. I used it most on my flat properties.