Toro Toro UNIQUE !!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Pro-Scapes, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

2. Classic Lighting

Classic Lighting LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not an expert on business aquisitions, but it sounds like Unique is completely owned by Toro. I assume Unique will maintain it's daily operations while under the direction of Toro. Is this compareable to the Hunter- FXL relationship?

3. Alan B

Alan B Sponsor

My guess is -- regarding fixtures yes that appears to be the case. Nate, an electrician, started with transformers-- the multimatic trans was his first product and an item they actually made. I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to keep the transformer side esp with his 24v project.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  4. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Sucks for all the Unique knockoffs, now the deep pockets can bury their A$$'$...lol

Whats up boys!? Looks like I got out at a good time. hahahaha Bummed for my friends losing their jobs but pumped for those who will get to work for a solid company. From those staying on they seem pretty positive about their new set up! Good luck to all of them

and I am pretty sure Toro is taking over everything including lights and transformers and everything else....I think Unique will retain their building

5. wbaptist

wbaptist Inactive

Thanks Joey. I will work on something official to post up today.

6. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

7. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

With the current economy, not a totally unexpected development. I can only see this as being beneficial for both companies. I wish them both luck. I have enjoyed Uniques product line.

8. The Toro Company

The Toro Company LawnSite Senior Member

“Toro acquired Unique’s landscape lighting and transformer product lines (Odyssey, Signature Series, and Brass and Copper Knights) including related tooling and equipment, and intellectual property. We also will retain Nate Mullen, Randy Weisser, and a significant number of employees in the area of sales, sourcing, customer service and engineering.”

The Toro Company

9. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

but how will this affect our abilty to custom order on the fly ? Unique has always been very fast about custom building direct burial transformers and getting me the fixtures I need powder coated done very quickly.

10. Classic Lighting

Classic Lighting LawnSite Senior Member

Perhaps this aquisition explains why Unique is no longer a sponsor on LS?