Toro TR-50 rotors

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Wet_Boots, May 23, 2007.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone tried these yet? I try to keep an eye out for any rotor that can perform effective low-angle watering. It's not that Toro doesn't keep trying.

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Guess nobody here has tried them yet. Maybe you should be the first and give us a report? :)

3. Wet_Boots

Sure, just one more item for the Shelf of Obscurity. This is all the fault of Safe-T-Lawn, and their adjustable-trajectory rotor heads. Once you make good use of the feature, there always seems to be some spot where another one could do a job.

4. Wet_Boots

So, five years later, has anyone got some service history on these things? Is this even a Toro-manufactured product? (thinking maybe K-Rain)

5. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Toro TR50XT.
    I haven't used them but they do look interesting.

6. Wet_Boots

Since you can't free-wheel the head to check the arc, that may be the killer so far as trade acceptance goes. Aside from that, an unstrippable gear drive is a plus.

7. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

The words "Toro" and "Rotors" go together about as well as the words "Toro" and "Controllers". :laugh:

8. Wet_Boots

You dare mock the Stream Rotor and the Rain Pro? A pox on thee! :mad:

9. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I never used them but I did use the T5 on one job because I got a case given to me from the rep. They haunted me for 3 years. Finally they sold the house and now they are someone elses problem.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Wet_Boots

What were the issues with them? I have a vague interest in the adjustable trajectory rotors in reference to replacing old STL rotors.