toro trimmer and edgers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BOBCAT36, Jul 10, 2001.

1. BOBCAT36

BOBCAT36 LawnSite Member

Does anyone have some info on Toro's new Stick edger and string trimmers. How comm. are they?
  2. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

Toro trimmers, cant find them around here. Even my Toro deal
    doesnt sell them. The 1 or 2 trimmers I have seen are heavy.

Look at a Robin
  3. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Toro sells trimmers and edgers to round-out their product line.

The do not manufacture any of their own 2-cycle equipment-- It's all outsourced.

They change every 5-8 years it seems who builds their equipment.
    Parts availability would be e real concern.

Toro is great at what they do well: and 2 cycle equipment isn't what they do well.

Much better off with Stihl, Shidiawa, Echo, etc. - somebody who SPECIALIZES in this type of equipment.

As a scholar of the lawn maintenance industry, I have yet to come across a company that builds BOTH commercial mowers and 2 cycle equipment well.
  4. slabpile

slabpile LawnSite Member

actually, torois out of the trimmer biz. if your dealer has some they are left overs. however i did have one once and it was not a bad trimmer. if you can get a good deal i would buy it
  5. Redmowers

Redmowers LawnSite Member

I have had my Proline Toro trimmer model 3500 for 6 years .Never had a problem with it and has always been reliable.My only complaint with it has been the head ,I think it sucks.I will replace it with a aftermarket head soon.Yes Toro seems to change style every few years .parts have not been a problem.only have had to replace the trigger assy on the throttle ,operator error! What is a good aftermarket replacment head bump feed ?