Toro Tru-Trak Sulky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnpro724, Jan 4, 2007.

1. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I was just wandering if anyone has purchased Toros new Tru-Trak sulkie. My dealer said it was the best out there and would be alot easier to use than others. I have the the older style sulkies but they said the Tru-Trak is easier on your legs and more maneuverable but the cost of over $500 seems extreme when others run around $200.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Have you seen one in the flesh?

There's a lot more to them than the $200 jobs.
    To me they seem like one of the best setups.
    Certainly the hot setup for a Toro.

I don't personally own one... but there are some guys here who do.

3. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

do yourself a favor and go get a 2 wheels, something your feet can stand with good balance, price from $179-$230, a used one even cheaper.
    Dealer is pulling your leg on comfort for leg, blah, blah, blah. Standing is standing. I have seen Toro true track, that thing is long and clumsy, imagine trying to cut tight walls or pool area, no way. and I won't spend that kind of money on it.

4. oldturf

oldturf LawnSite Member

we really like ours, go figure!

5. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I just checked out a pic on toro's website...

Do those two platforms pivot up and down independently?

I dunno, looks like a glorified bullrider to me...

I see issues with tight spaces as well and the end swing with that setup.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Yes, the two sides pivot independently.

Nice when in use. Nice when you want to fold it out of the way.

Anyways, with a sulky you are going to be behind the machine as always and you are going to want to set any sulky at a comfortable distance back there while in use. So while some sulkies might look less bulky or whatever, they are all going to be in relatively the same position. Manuverability is not really going to vary that much with a fixed caster sulky.

I myself can't really see for the life of me why one would want to fool with a trailering type sulky, rather it has one or two wheels. I mean I can see the "swing manuverability" issue with fixed sulkies. But overall, I can't see that overriding the other benefits of the fixed castor sulky.

7. homerescue

homerescue LawnSite Member
    from wv

Tru trac was the first sulky I ever used. Well worth the money, of course I've had mine for 3 years and at a price of 350.00. Second sulky is a single wheel sulky. The one wheel sulky, kills the back to much leaning and awkward to me. The tru trac never has hurt the back or legs, could back up a mile in a straight linr if need to, around sharp bed edges just flip up one side and go and if needed pull 2 lynch pins and both sides pull off. By the way backing up in any direction lightning fast, no wiggling around like a trailering sulky. short term way expensive, long term well worth the money, no body aches priceless. need to know more let me know, you could give me a call.

8. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

The Tru Trak sulky is a superb sulky. I agree that it is the most comfortable sulky I've tried. I think it is unfortuante that they only fit Toro mowers. If you work in a really tight space, you just flip one or both of the platforms up in a moment. I would easily spend for one of the Tru Traks over a different sulky.

9. Envy Lawn Service

I once tried getting a straight answer as to rather or not they would fit the eXmark walks, and if not, why not. I would think they are the same.

Never did get an answer.... Do you know?

If Toro would ever build a great floater with the Turbo Force it would be a non-issue though.

10. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Try a Lesco Sulky, well made and about $300. Similiar to Bull rider. Ed