1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro Turbo Force Deck Belt Covers Falling Off

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tomo, Jan 16, 2008.

1. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

AS i have mentioned the deck belt covers on the deck do fall off due to the clip being pathetic [rubber sleeve falls apart ].This happens every 100--150 hrs . Oh yes this can be replaced under warranty but it happens again and again etc . I do know of a few other people that have the same issue but have had them replaced under warranty many times also.

Has toro usa come up with a solution ???

If u have fixed the problem yourself ,how so ??

The belt cover is dangerous as it rubs on the pulleys creating a loud noise and many times i have almost ran over it with the mower . I have almost lost it on job sites also .

thanks in advance tomo :waving:
  2. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

That is one of my biggest gripes on the mowers also. I just keep several of the latches for the covers on hand. I notice alot of people around here just run the mowers without the covers.
  3. tomo

To all people please respond if u r having problems even if it is only a short ""yes"" etc

thanks tomo:waving:
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not sure what you're talking about, do you mean the Wb or the Z?

Because on the Wb the stupid plastic-steel nuts fall apart, now you can order a slew from J-Thomas for about a buck each (vs. $3) or what I used to do is run to Home Depot and grab up a bunch of washers and steel wing nuts for about a dime each, 2-3-4 dollars and you got a slew of fasteners.

It's just one of those things I like to have at least a good dozen of in stock, along with the rubber grommets on the side of the T-bar thou these I prefer to have more like 50-100 of, if you think the deck hold down nuts wear fast then maybe you haven't checked the grommets lately :laugh:

But those dime a dozen parts I don't mind, the bit that angers me is the spindle brake on the 48" fixed deck rubs against the belt, wearing both belt and brake parts prematurely! I removed it, here I got tired of replacing expensive parts.
  5. tomo

Almost forgot the deck is on a ztr 597..
    The issue i mainly have is is that some job sites i go to are anal about safety . A bit over the top if u ask me but the pay is good .The management even asses your tow vehicle and trailer ,overweight etc . Typical multi national company i guess . There reasoning is that if the machine comes with belt guards they have to be fitted all the time ,no exceptions!!

Mainly it is a poor desgin and a major pain in the a***s
    As the machine is still under warranty it will be taken care off but as we all know u do not purchase a quality machine to tolerate sub standard engineering .
    The worst case is if the dealer just replaces failed parts and we start this all over again
    Should i really have to fix a problem that surely is known to TORO , NO
    I suppose if toro redesign this to fix the problem are they afraid of all the claims ???????
    Although i cannot speak 4 toro other makers of new machinery/vehicles i have purchased some deal with issues and some do not
    Most let the newer model come out with upgraded components etc
    There has been a face lift model since i purchased mine but still no fix ,so it seems toro has deaf ears . Even though toro and exmark are now joined exmark appears to be the better listener
    Even hustler is customer responsive

Does any body know of an internet site that has a toro rep ???
    The exmark rep does help alot and i am grateful but really it is not his/ her job to deal with it ,but left with no other choice

6. tomo

how do i cancel second entries ,bugger