1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

toro turbo force deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Jan 25, 2005.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

A friend of mine just got a new 2005 Toro 52 inch turbo force Z. I was looking at it and it looks real nice. I was wondering why on the discharge side of the deck (right side) there is no antiscalp wheels. Is this common on those mowers> His older toro has them but it doesnt have the new deck.
  2. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

you mean no one has an answer for me. I find that hard to believe
  3. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

I have an 04 Toro 60" with the Turbo Force deck that does have the antiscalp wheels. I wonder if it is just the 52" deck that they don't use them on.
  4. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I have an 04 60" turbo force and it has antiscalp wheels on the right side.

Maybe he is missing it?

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 04 52" version which has anti-scalp both in the front and rear. I believe Toro even advertises using the frame for the anti-scalps for tie down locations.
  6. No Sweat L/C

No Sweat L/C LawnSite Member

Is it a Z500 or the new Z450??
    The Z450 is buit on the same frame as the Exmark HP. Which is a small frame mower compared to the Z500 series.
    I have a 52" Toro Zmaster 252 that was built in 1999 that only has one wheel on the left front of the deck. Its the same frame as the Exmark Lazer.
    I think the reason there is no wheel on the right front of the 52" Z500's is the with of the discharge is too wide. The front tire is very close to the deck.
    You have to rember how wide the discharge is on the turbo deck is compared to most mowers.