Toro Turbo Force Z Master

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chad@LebanonTurf, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Chad@LebanonTurf

Chad@LebanonTurf Inactive

Has anyone seen, demoed or purchased the new Turbo Force Z master from Toro? They say they have really improved the mower in general, especially the deck. I am wondering if they just took an Ultra Cut deck from Exmark and out it on Toro and renamed it.

thanks

2. redbull

redbull LawnSite Member

Nope - TOTAL new design - these units are in dealers hands NOW. Is there a Toro dealer close to you, if so go check it out. There are other improvements besides the deck. The spinles are the same thing Toro runs in there 580D (biggest unit Toro makes), the discharge chute is made of a HEAVY, flexable rubber, the floor pan is changed. It is a very impressive unit!!

3. NCSERVICE

NCSERVICE LawnSite Member

I work for a toro dealership, and we have received a couple of those new 500 series. I think they are far better than the previous Zs.
    To my Knowledge Exmark did not develop the deck, I looked at the exmark ultra deck online and they are not similar at all.

Toro used a 7 gauge steel all the way around, the spindle pulleys are much larger with more belt contact. Also the greasable spindles have shear parts that will cost you much less to replace than a whole spindle when you hit something. Single belt runs all the deck components right up to the pto.
    let me know if you have any specific questions...
    andrew

4. I was looking at one today. Looked like a souped up Exmark with with "Toro" labeling on it. I didn't try it, but I may. Next think you know, they'll be selling a stand-on mower.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Your Getting Close!

6. redbull

redbull LawnSite Member

I doubt it. Are standups really that great of sellers??

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

For Smaller Lawns There Great. No sulky When You Back Up And Turn Very short. To Tall Has Been the Problem And Difficult Height Adjustment.

If Exmark Made One Like the sentar It would be A Winer.
    John

8. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Which dealership are you at?

9. NCSERVICE

NCSERVICE LawnSite Member

Clays Power Equipment