1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro turfMaster 30''/Exmark 30' updates?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by magicmike, Apr 13, 2013.

1. magicmike

magicmike LawnSite Senior Member

I am just wondering how these mowers are doing for the guys who have used them. Before I get told to search it, just know i have and i just want to hear some updates on how people like them so far.
  2. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

No turf tear on wet grass or ruts
  3. ric1

ric1 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I purchased the TurfMaster Mach 14th. It's well worth the money I gave, starts on the first or second pull, saves me a lot of money on gas, saves time, has an excellent cut in dry or wet grass, mulching is excellent and when it comes to bagging it's as good or better than any other.. We use the mower six days a week and never a problem.
    Everyone was concerned about the Timed Blades for some reason and there the simplest things in the world to remove and install on the Toro, can't say about the Exmark though and Getting Blades and oil filters also are not a problem. As I said the purchase for me has been well worth the money.
  4. weesa20

weesa20 LawnSite Member

Love my Exmark 30- great cut, saves a lot of time
  5. SSantor

SSantor LawnSite Member

I posted earlier, that I bought 3 exmark 30's and I love them. We use them as our main mowers and only cut lawns half acre and down. I sold my hydro walkbehinds and every one thought I was crazy,but it was one of the best decisions I made. I love them.
  6. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

so far im loving my exmark 30 but still waiting on some rain for the lawns to green up. Need more time to tell, and see over the season how well it performs.

For under 2k its a great 30 inch mower though. no major complaints yet.
  7. Jpcollinsworth

Jpcollinsworth LawnSite Member

Perhaps off topic... I ordered a TurfMaster on April 19 as none of the Toro dealers in the Burlington, Vt area had them in stock (I don't believe any of them had ordered the TurfMaster yet). Toro told my dealer that they are on back-order with a May 22 release date. Hopefully this will enable Toro to mitigate the reported transmission failures going forward.