1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Toro Turfmaster 30" Fewer Problems?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by joed, Aug 18, 2013.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Just reading through the posts on the toro turfmaster 30 and exmark 30. It seems that the toro version has had fewer issues than the exmark version. Is there any reason for that? I am considering purchasing one of these units or the homeowner timemaster version The exmark version is $200 more than the toro commercial version where I am.

2. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I'm on the fence about the Toro 30" Turfmaster myself. I wouldn't use it much but it would be a big asset in a few places. I'm interested to see what others opinions are on the Toro.

3. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

If there are wet conditions your better off not getting it. It clumps, clogs, and the deck cakes itself with grass so quickly.

4. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you. Climate up here is similar to the northeastern part of the U.S. We have a mix of Kentucky Blue Grass, Rye, Fescue. We tend to get wet lush grass in the spring and fall. I didn't think that using the same engine you do on a 21" would work on a bigger and heavier unit.