toro turfmaster review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Schrock Lawns, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Well after owning the Toro turf master 30 for like 7 hours and using it for 15 minute before it started to snow here, here’s my review if it dries up tomorrow or Monday I’ll do a little more in-depth one.

Pros:
    -Felt like I was cutting twice the grass in the same pass
    -as maneuverable as a commercial 21in mower
    -bags good (I had small twigs in my yard from the last storm and mulch that washed out and it sucked it right up)
    -didn’t leave ruts for being a 200lb mower I was cutting when it was drizzling

Cons:
    -weight takes 2 people to load in truck bed but the productivity makes up for it
    -can’t just wip it around like a normal 21 you have kinda make a 3pt/big turn then back up
    -the BBC is a little annoying
    -height adjust is hard to get used to
    -the price of 1800 even though my dealer threw in a free set of blades

Honestly this mower is good but if you already have a 36 stander/wb this is a waste in my opinion but if you don’t it’s a good purchase, it seems like it has plenty of power but we will see in spring grass. My opinions/pros-cons might change as I get more hours on the mower. I’ll try and do a full review in the next few days.

2. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

subscribed

3. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I am very interested in any updates you can give us. I plan on getting one as my main residential mower. Keep us updated!

4. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

subsribed here too. Ive been considering this mower to increase productivity without stepping up to a full blown walk behind. Thanks for the inital review. When you have more time with it, I look forward to hearing the full blown review. Good luck, and hopefully the winter will end soon and warmer weather will bring on some growth.

5. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

I have last years model it is lighter by 80 lbs and cuts amazing.

6. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

From my impression if you have a small backyard like really small townhouse small a 21 would be faster but if you have something pretty big this will be the mower for you
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

what blades do these mowers have on them? A lot the complaint of the Toro Timemaster was about the blades. I saw my friend's timemaster and the blades looked like gator blades. Why would you only make mulching blades for a machine like this? I hope they have a hi-lift blade for the commercial unit.

8. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

I've been keeping my eye on this mower but unfortunately I don't see one in my future.

I already have a 36" walkbehind and the few properties I have where I can't get it in the back gate, I can't get a 30" either. yes I have a few properties with 24" gate openings.

otherwise depending on how well this mower performs, I could see it being very useful.

9. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

OP...?

Can you post pics of the blades?

Every possible angle?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

exact rototilling: can i pm you about some questions on your mowing setup?
    Posted via Mobile Device