toro turfmaster review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Schrock Lawns, Feb 16, 2013.

1. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

to replace my quick 36 w eventually. plus i love the idea of not having to deal with a side bagger. i dont know if they could do it but if they could ever make a mower like this w a 32 or 33inch deck, think of how awesome that would be. of course they would prob have to change the controls on it or it would be to heavy to manually turn.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  2. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

but i must add i think id like to wait a season and read all the reviews b4 purchasing. im not about to b toros guinea piggy. theyve put their hands in to many different things for me 2 believe in the high quality of their products. i think its very strange how the toro website lists zero specs on this mower. and on the youtube video commenting is disabled, like teyre scared someone might say something negative
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

Going to demo the Exmark 30 this week, Dealer said I could have it for the day.

4. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

Currently use Honda 21" commercial mowers which work great for our demographic...but, I would seriously enjoy some of the features of this new mower.

I like these features,

Mulching!
    Large fuel tank!!
    Side discharge!!!
    Bigger deck!!!!

My concerns are,

Can it handle wet grass?
    Will the transmission hold up?
    Ruts? Have some trouble with rutting already. Will it be worse with this mower?

5. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Do the Toro/ExMark commercial 30s have an hour meter?

Am also curious how much blades will be costwise...knowing I'd save $$ by ordering online...but still curious what a dealer sells a set for?

6. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Right around $20 a blade...I did order the slightly higher lift Exmarks [for use on my ™30 since the Co. Rep Said they have more lift.

When my blades show up I will post pics of the TimeMaster 30 blades side by side with the Exmark blades.

FYI: Other blades can be modified for use on these mowers but it's a fair amount of work. Mount hole is non standard plus 2 additional timing holes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

A Quick mower of ANY deck size has a much nicer cut IMO. However rear bagger is a key point.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Leland Lawn

Leland Lawn LawnSite Member

Looks like I'm going to have to wait. He rescheduled my demo for Friday...

9. Kevin R

Kevin R LawnSite Member
    from Canada

Great to here, I've ordered one and should have it this week. Not that I can use it yet here anyways....

KR

10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Without even using mine yet I've already modified my factory blades by bending the sails up more. They are pretty thin blades and i just put them in my vice and used a crecent wrench to bend the sails. I read of someone doing that with their timecutter. If that's not satisfactory I've also scouted some blades that will fit. Hole size is 5/8 and length is 15 3/8 measuring diagonal from cutting tip to cutting tip. The exmark blades for their 44" deck is 15 1/4 long. I'd rather go with a blade that's no shorter than what's on there though so I've also found a kubota blade that's 15 1/2 long. There's enough room for them. Yes, drilling through the blades isn't going to be easy... May be cheaper/easier to take to a local machine shop and have them done. There's also some toro blades that could work, but i know those don't have much lift to start with. Something without the big notches in the lift is definitely going to work better, even with the same size and height of sail.

I found these blades on mowpart.com. They have the option to search by length and hole size.
    Posted via Mobile Device