1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

toro turfmaster review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Schrock Lawns, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

5/8 won't work. Spindle size that will work is a very non standard 21/32"
    Toro obviously didn't want non OEM "other" heavier blades put on the mower.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Hour meter on commercial versions? Yes or no...

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Exact, you are correct. The conversion calculator i used the other day must have rounded it to a conventional size for me. Regardless it's easy to enlarge a hole by that little with my die.grinder. Drilling the other holes not so simple.

Valk, no they do not come with an hour meter. I'm ordering another tiny - tach for mine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. SSLCLLC

SSLCLLC LawnSite Member

What is the measurement for the widest part of the mower? I'm trying to find out if it will fit out the side door of my trailer?

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Measured mine at the deck, widest point, and it's just shy of 32" wide.

6. SSLCLLC

SSLCLLC LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply Jason

7. b121774

b121774 LawnSite Member

My employee's all love this mower. Does everything our 21's do but faster. Tried mulching some thick grass, cutting more than 3/4 of the blade and it started to bog, but the 21 did the same thing. The only downside so far is it doesn't fit well in my 7x14 cargo trailer's with my navigator. Next trailer will have to be an 8x14 I guess.

8. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

I picked up the Exmark 30 today and tried it out on one large lawn. It handles great, very well balanced. Doesn't feel heavy. My only concern at this point is the belt drive trany. Seams to be a hesitation when you squeeze the lever. Adjusted the cable and then it took off too fast.

9. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

That's the thing with the belt slip, there is a fine line between too tight and too loose, my 21's are the same way. Especially when they are new, the have a break in period for the cables/belts to slack up a little.

10. Kevin R

Kevin R LawnSite Member
    from Canada

No.

KR