toro turfmaster review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Schrock Lawns, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't had time to do the review yet sorry guys ill try and do it this weekend
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Will post pics this weekend of the consumer Toro TimeMaster 30 blades vs. the Exmark and Toro Commercial blades.

Notable difference in lift.

And YES the Toro and Exmark 30 Commercial DO in fact ship with the higher lift blades.

I do wonder if 2013 TimeMasters have the lower lift blades...?

:waving:
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  3. Exact Rototilling

This question is for those who have run the Toro version.

So how exactly does the Toro TurfMaster 30 blades engage....?

Can you have the mower in transport mode with power to the wheels at top speed and NOT have the blades engaged...?

4. b121774

b121774 LawnSite Member

Yes, it has a BBC

5. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Yes it has BBC, but a different setup with a 2 in 1 bail, you slide if over to engage the blades and the drive and leave it in the neutral position for just drive. The only problem I see is when pulling it backwards, one might let go of the bail and cause the blades to stop and then have to re-engage afterwards, hard to say for sure without using one, but I would prefer the Ex-mark bail on the Toro mower, lol.

6. b121774

b121774 LawnSite Member

The bail system on the toro 21's has been working for year's. The blade engages much sooner than the drive wheels so it will not stop the blades when you let off enough to pull it back.

7. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Where did you order yours from? I'm assuming they are shipping it to you?

8. Exact Rototilling

So if you power load this mower up a trailer ramp ...the blades are engaged?

If you have an account where you need to drive through pee gravel to get to the back yard gate with power to the rear wheel...you're stuck with spinning blades...?

So there is NO option of full forward speed to the wheels UNLESS the blades are spinning?

So if your not careful with bail control when backing up the blades will disengage?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Exact Rototilling

Now I'm wondering if the front wheel assembly of the Toro can mount up to Exmark version...? :(
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. b121774

b121774 LawnSite Member

If you pull up on the bail only the wheels engage BUT if you slide the bail to the right and then pull up, the blades engage as well as the wheels. really good design.