toro turfmaster review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Schrock Lawns, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Okay thanks for clearing that up...I was a bit concerned about that. :)

I will demoing both the Toro and Exmark version hopefully before I get swamped busy and do a direct comparison to the consumer grade TimeMaster 30 which I still feel for some LCO's maybe a very valid option as long as the user is not brutal on the equipment.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device

3. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I don't like the bbc it makes the mower have to be going foward for the blades to be engaged
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Thats not true. I can pull the mower backwards with the blade still running. Not sure how you are doing it but don't squeeze so hard.

5. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I will PM you.

7. cutting edge lawn care WA

cutting edge lawn care WA LawnSite Member

I bought a Turfmaster 30" today. I considered the timemaster but "personnal pace" was the dealbreaker and i didnt like all the plastic up on the front of the timemaster. I like the exmark but closest dealer is 2+ hour drive away..............I only got one lawn in today before heavy rain hit. Overall it saved me about 5 minuters on a 40 minute job. I noticed it did not like going uphill. Also, it seems to not bag as well as I had hoped. very small opening going to the bag. And the bag itself is hardly bigger than my honda 21" bag, they should have made bag bigger. Manuvering was not an issue. and deck height adjust is great. It left BIG ruts, but yard was wet and mossy. The groundspeed seemed slow and took a second to kick in (especially if going up any incline).............so far I am not impressed. but conditions were wet and expectations were high. I am interested to see how everyone else likes this mower.

8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Cutting edge, spunds like you need to adjust your drive cable a little. You should be seeing a speed almost faster than you want to walk and there should be no hesitation. I've noticed mine needs it's first little adjustment already as it's starting to behave like yours. New belts do stretch... Mine does great on hills, which i was relieved to find out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

I wish there was an easier way to adjust this cable. Like a lever to pull it back and forth were the adjustment nut is. Its hard to get this adjustment right. Too tight it goes too fast, too lose it won't go up a slope.

10. cutting edge lawn care WA

cutting edge lawn care WA LawnSite Member

Ok I will look into it. This is the first and only one put together by the dealer and maybe that has something to do with it. THANKS!
    Posted via Mobile Device