1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

toro turfmaster review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Schrock Lawns, Feb 16, 2013.

1. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking at buying one. Will keep looking at this thread for input!!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Ill grab some pictures of the blades and mower tommrow does anyone know how to upload from an iPhone?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Sure :waving:
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. tamo

tamo LawnSite Member

I'm glad someone finally got their hands on one of these machines. Thanks for the review.

I took a look at the Toro this weekend. The blades are like the Gator blades. Hi lift, but have the jagged tips at the end.

For what is worth I really liked the height adjustment, quicker then adjusting all four wheels.

What do you think of the plastic wheels?

How is the ground speed?

Is it easy to get to and change the belt when needed?
  5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

While I am game for this mower I know there will be tons that are not. I have felt this is a niche mower and know my business and that it will fit well. I have had the exmark 26 and bravos and have been pleased. Have talked to those that have had the same and are happy with the feel of the 30 but haven't had the growth to put it to the test. So as I am sure with Exact that we will purchase one and put it to the test and then make sure it is a good fit for our company. I will be picking one up in the next month, when I can get my hands on one, and will let people know my thoughts around, oh say next january when I have some time to get on here, hopefully sooner. good luck to those that have bought already. Hopefully they are as good or better than they 26!!!!
  6. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Honestly I hate the adjustment system hard to use I like the 2 weel adjustment but the front adjustment is a pita the plastic wheels seen ok the back ones are pretty good ground speed it takes off fast but once your walkin it's the perfect pace for most people could be a little better for me being 14 haha as for everything else belts and that stuff haven't even checked theirs barley any snow on the ground ill check some more out on the mower out tommrow
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Leland Lawn

Leland Lawn LawnSite Member

Did you go up and down any hills?
    I'm a little concerned about the weight, that it might try to run away from my guys since its not a hydro drive system. Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Thanks for the input, I will be getting one for sure.
  9. H & M Yard Improvements

H & M Yard Improvements LawnSite Member

Wouldn't this thing be better with caster wheels?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

That was my thought exactly after running one at the dealer the other day. I also got to run a 32" snapper the dealer had on clearance from last year. The snapper would be easier to turn. I still may get a turfmaster but I will research what few options I have in this size mower before deciding. I turned down way too much work last season because I did not have a 30-32" mower. Selling off my 33" last year was tough, but the cut quality simply was not there unless the conditions were perfect.
    Posted via Mobile Device