1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

toro turfmaster review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Schrock Lawns, Feb 16, 2013.

1. haynes504

haynes504 LawnSite Member

i went with the emark, got it yesterday, was $1800. out the door, was able to put it to the test today, we did 14 yards with it and i'm really happy. my walker is down for some maintance so i used the 30 only today and it did a great job- started bagging a couple yards and it left a real nice clean cut, then decided to go at the rest mulching and it did a great job, smaller clippings than mulching with the 21 proline, real nice cut. my helper cuts all small backyards with the 21- we were saving alot of time with the 30 on every yard. don't think the 21 is gonna see much action anymore.

2. donslawns

donslawns LawnSite Member

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  3. donslawns

donslawns LawnSite Member

I just bought the Turfmaster mower and noticed this annoying tapping against the deck from the belt when you engage the blades, I am quite annoyed the dealer didn't tell me about this before i bought the mower, he told me this is normal for this mower and when the belts break in and cables he would be able to adjust it so the noise goes away...did you have this problem and did they fix it?

4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Yes very annoying, however doesn't affect the performance and the fact it mows way faster than a 21. Have been running our mower for over 2 months and have over 100 hours on it and it is still the same. Always wondered if I took the plastic housing off if it would stop, or lessen. Just think of it as our diesel mower!!!:hammerhead:

5. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

has anyone had issues with the turfmaster trannys yet? havent heard from you guys who contributed to this thread
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. sildoc

No problems as of yet. I would like to see the numbers of sales exmark compared to the toro. That could make a big difference if exmark is selling 10 times what toro sells of the 30 you would hear more complaints out of the exmark.

7. cutting edge lawn care WA

cutting edge lawn care WA LawnSite Member

My toro commercial 30s transmission cable snapped.. It's been in the shop for over a week. And the transmission itself needed adjustment. Was running super slow and wouldn't go up hills.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. sildoc

Adjust your cable on the left hand side. Improves a bunch. As for snapping the cable??? where at? drive or clutch cable?

9. cutting edge lawn care WA

cutting edge lawn care WA LawnSite Member

Clutch cable right at the control bail. Luckily it is under warranty but doesn't help the pain in the ass of dropping it off at dealer and not having it for 2 weeks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. sildoc

Need a better dealer unless it takes 2 weeks to get the part. That simple of a fix I would demand it done that day or no more buying equipment and also report to toro.