toro turfmaster review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Schrock Lawns, Feb 16, 2013.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Cable was the problem all fixed now and they said they redesigned the cable to be stronger, time will tell.

2. Ray&Christine

Ray&Christine LawnSite Member

Sildoc and Lawnsaspire, thanks we have at 2.5, we will check if bag is against frame and if clogged with grass etc..

We had to push lawn mower also up hills etc.. Dealer fixed, seems to be working now.

Lawnsaspire, it does save time on straight streches, big and awkward on turns around trees. The bagger as I said is unacceptable if it continues to leave leaves behind, mulching is okay. Mixed feelings if I should of bought it. We have a 32" Wright stander so it does alot of our big yards. If I didn't have Wright stander I probably would of bought it.

3. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Dry weight comparison: 605 - 167 = 438 lbs...before the operator steps on to the 32 Stander. Top off both fuel tanks and add a 200lb man = >650 lb difference. :dizzy:
    Productivity is a different story...as well as fuel costs.

4. Googus

Googus LawnSite Member

5. Tom_H

Tom_H LawnSite Member

I have the Timemaster and like it. Mulches grass much better than my Snapper Hi Vac with Ninja blade. However mulching leaves is another story, the mulched leaves are two to three times larger than the Snapper processed. Does anyone know of better performing blades for the mower?

6. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

The turfmaster blades are much better with leaves. You'll have to go over leaves weekly in any case for this mower to handle them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

8. Ray&Christine

Ray&Christine LawnSite Member

Turfmaster bagging problem on earlier post: Looks like the bag is not against the frame on the bottom left by 1/2 inch. I guess the metal frame of the bag needs to be bent back.

9. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

purchased the turfmaster today. After a seasons worth of deliberation and using its counterpart, the timemaster for several months, I was able to come to this decision. In the end I went with the toro version because 1 they were all out of the ex30 at the exmark dealer and said their were none even at the factory to order. 2. The toro dealer is very close to me and no reports of any mechanical failures on the toro excepting cable breaking. 3. The only thing I didn't like when comparing the two was the wheel quality on the toro compared to the more resilient design on the Ex30. I like the way the toro handles and like the single
    Bail. Having only used it on one lawn which
    Included a large pile of leaves that I gobbled up with it. I can already tell a difference in the ability of the Kawi engine and the Briggs on the timemaster to handle eat up large amounts of leaves without killing the engine. Very pleased about that. I took before and after pictures of this leaf job that I used the turfmaster on if someone could tell me how to post pictures on here with my IPhone, I will post them. Finally I want to thank sildoc and vegandude for all of their fine reports on the commercial 30 inch mowers in helping me make the decision. I also want to thank Exact rottotilling for his observations and love of the timemaster in helping me not to jump the gun to early in purchasing the commercial version. His has proved to be a very objective outlook. While I am very fond of the timemaster , come spring I think it would've been lacking as valid replacement to my quick 36, which i sold this summer. I will be making constant comparisons and updates between the t30 an the turfmaster for the remainder of the season. Thanks, Matt.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Googus

Googus LawnSite Member

Great to hear the great report!
    Posted via Mobile Device