toro turfmaster review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Schrock Lawns, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Here's pictures when I get on the computer tonight ill do the full review
    Blades[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Schrock Lawns

Stripes their ok could be alittle better [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Schrock Lawns

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

i took a look at these at the Toro dealer today and looked at the blades as well. He said they didn't make any other blade options. Those look like the same ones that are on the timemaster. If I remember there were some concerns about the blades and I have a friend who said he didn't like the way the timemaster mulches, even though all it has on it are mulching blades.

5. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

thanks for posting this. looking forward to the upcoming review because iim seriously contemplating this mower, or an exmark 30 purchase for this year.

6. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

How much faster is the 40 compared to a 21?

I was thinking of getting one, but Im not sure it woild help me all that muck. I can cut pretty fast wit my old Snapper 21, and it has lots of attachments. Plus I cut along the lake where I dont think a 200lb mower would be easy to handle.

7. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Yes those look like the same blades on my consumer grade model Toro TimeMaster 30". Spindles look identical as well.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

As for the extra money for the commercial version, I bought my QUICK 36 FOR $2400 four yrs ago. This one would be about $1900 after tax where I live. The difference between the two is 6 inches and a bigger engine on the Quick. Plus I like not having to mess with the side bagger on the Toro. It's a bit overpriced, but not much when I think of what I bought the BOP mower for. And I actually have a good dealer I could work with on this one, probably the most service friendly dealer in town. Although as a whole I don't care for Toro or Exmark. Got their hands in too many different things. I'm wondering what's the hp on the engine?

9. Schrock Lawns

Posted via Mobile Device

10. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Hands down cut quality with any BOP mower 32, 36 and 44 [yes I have them all] is notably more manicured than the cut with my T30.

Key advantages to the the T30 is rapid fast height adjustment, fast switch over to mulch, bag and side discharge and the light weight, personal pace and light weight and the fold up handle for more space on a trailer.

The extra weight of the commercial version concerns me.

Also there are times when I'm forced to bag and NOT having a side catcher is a huge advantage.
    Posted via Mobile Device