toro turfmaster review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Schrock Lawns, Feb 16, 2013.

1. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well for some it does...and it sufficed for the LCO who started the thread. I think a lot of people will try something for a full year and determine if it's commercially proven or not.

I understand your point though Valk.

2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, what ever. I read those posts last year and what a joke. really if your a reasonable person you do maintenance on your equipment. How long does it take to change the oil and blades really maybe 20 min max, and who doesn't sharpen blades?? Quality right??? I hold that post with a grain of salt but if you believe I have some costal land to sell you in the midwest!!!!

3. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

I didn't say I believed it. It is hard to know what to believe sometimes. Drinking a beer every day is good for you, or beer gives you cancer. Which is it? My dad love Casey's gas, my dealer says its terrible. Which is it? So many opposing viewpoints anymore, and that includes what you read on lawnsite. But I will be looking with great interest at the viewpoints on what makes the Turfmaster worth several hundred more than the Timemaster.

4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Do you spend $1000 every year or so or do you spend $1700 and get 10 years of service?

All depends on how often your going to use the machine. The Timemaster was built for a home owner to mow their lawn once a week and will probably last them 20 years. The Turfmaster is a full commercial machine that can run all day, everyday under hard use. Heavier built deck, metal wheels with bearings, heavy trans., commercial engine etc. etc.

There is a good reason the Turfmaster weighs a ton more. Its not just the engine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

If the TurfMaster has a different transmission and deck then the TimeMaster does I didn't notice it...

Like I stated a few posts ago...the deck is the same (other than the bull nose) and the transmission appears to be identical.

6. GMLC

The deck is thicker(13 ga.)and the trans is sealed with heavy duty internals.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  7. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

:cry::cry::cry: NOOOOOOOOOOO! It better not be the same! I was set on getting one of these, but not now. An inferior tranny is just asking for headaches.

8. GMLC

Dont worry its not the same! Heck even the handle and bail are heavy duty on the turfmaster.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it's weird how the Exmark 30 video spends the whole time talking about specs on the mower and what makes it commercial. THe Turfmaster video basically spends the whole time talking to the consumer like they're a senseless homeowner. "Wider=Faster, any questions?" Well yeah we have a lot of questions actually. The weird part is, both of those mowers are owned by Toro.

10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

With all this turmoil over whether the turfmaster is better than the timemaster, I believe I might just go out and buy a time master to complement my soon to be here turfmaster. Will take notes throughout the year and post next winter, unless I see considerable notable difference before. Whats a grand to see if it is worth seeing if the extra 700-999 is worth it.