1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Toro Turfmaster Vs. Exmark Commercial 30"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by locallawncare.ca, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Senior Member

Will post a video Friday that shows why the Ferris Single Hydro 32" Walk is vastly inferior to the Dual Hydro 32" Wright or discontinued 32" eXmark Viking.

A Winter with no snow affords me the time to educate:sleeping:

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I agree dual hydro is better, but I'd trade one of the hydros for a floating deck. That being said, its pretty flat here. Would be a different story if I had slopes to deal with.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

The only advantage I could see is the ability to hold a hill, but with a bit of muscle the ferris can hold a hill well, Im not debating single vs. dual hydo in this thread, just seeking info on these two new mowers.

4. Turf Tracer

Many more benefits than just sticking to hills; especially on very small, landscaped, gated properties.:clapping:

5. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

That Wright dual hydro 32 is over 500lbs with tiny 4" wide drive tires. When dry this is likely not much of an issue...most of the time. But when soggy, I bet it stays on the truck/trailer. What's your experience with rutting using this machine?

6. Turf Tracer

32" stander is bad ...32" Velke no problems (Velke up). Don't forget psi of tire to turf is almost same as 21" due to wider tires and you can easily feather it in turns with the dual hydro.

It's a jackrabbit on small lawns
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I have been scoping out the New 30" commercial mower. What gets me going are people that can't using them trying to upsell what they use. Really, this is a niche mower. It is used to take the place of a 21 and a 21 only. If you have more grass than a 21 can handle this is not the mower for you.
    You don't go out using a string trimmer to do your hedges even though it is capable of it, same kind of thing in comparing a true walk behind rather than a Hydro mid size unit, same as using a midsize hydro walk compared to a ztr.
    Grass is a funny thing and grows differently in different zones. I can understand the southern guys not liking this due to lack of power, but us here in the north with cool season grass and ticky tacky lots look to a better mower that any monkey can use, Not all monkeys are alike.

We have used the 26" for 7 years now, I look forward to at least as good or better for our particular applications out of the new 30!

8. GRASSMONKEYS

GRASSMONKEYS LawnSite Member

I agree, how did this poor guys thread get highjacked. You can't compare a 32" wright at 500lbs. to these new commercial 30's I can fit a new 30" on my trailer with my other mowers but not a 32" Wright.

9. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Yeah my poor thread, lol. Hopefully when people start using these two mowers there will be some real feedback.

10. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I'm following this closely.

I have last years electric start TimeMaster Toro 30".

A rear bagger 30" is huge leg up.

There is no single mower that works well in all places.

My chief concern is the extra weight of the commercial version 170# vs. 138#....?

My BOP Dually 32 rocks. Outstanding cut, fast and only 400#. Problem is out of production. Good news is I own 2 of them :). Bad news is I'm not selling.

There are SOME lawns where I exclusively use my T30 and/or yBravo25 exclusively. Rear baggers have a huge advantage. Yes I discharge and mulch as much as I can but sometimes bagging small lawns is faster.

I don't think a Ferris 32 single can match the Q32dually.
    Posted via Mobile Device