Toro vs Exmark Results

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blessed 1, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

After 2 weeks of cutting with the Exmark Lazer Z, I am ready to say publicly that the Exmark cut is 10 times better than the Toro. I did not have to double cut any of the thick area'a that I have been traditionally having to go back over with my Toro. The stripes are better too. Overall it saves time by not double cutting and the discharged grass is much finer. Makes me look real good! :D :D

2. How about that.........Been saying it for over 2 years, glad you finally found out.

3. TaussigLawnCare

TaussigLawnCare LawnSite Member

I am starting to wish I had got Exmark instead of toros I have had alot of problems this spring with both my kolhler and kaw. toros I am looking at a 48 hydro exmark now at the dealer would anyone have any recomendations.

4. lahanko

lahanko LawnSite Member
    from NY

COME ON 10 times better?
    I'd believe 9 times better but 10. LOL

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Its Nice when You Smell The Coffee

smaller 664.jpg

6. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

WOW 10 times better - I am still hesitant, a fellow LCO in this area using an Exmark isn't as happy as you are, he experiences lumps, clumps, dogging down and smoking belts when attempting to work the juicy spring grasses in this area. I do not want to start a firefight and believe that these woes are probably due to his inexperience. What I do know is that different decks work in different geographic areas and grass conditions.
    My Toro with SFS works for me in this area on my lawns and I am happy. My dealer handles both Toro & Exmark and I will demo a 52" HP this spring, maybe I will be surprised.
    BobR

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Well,

The Toro will be able to handle TALL, WET grass at a faster pace and cut it cleaner. Its deck design allows it to evacuate vast quantities of grass rather fast. The reason is the front tunnel that is free of baffles. However, the discharged material is often said to be rather long and in need of a double cut to cut it up finer.

The eXmark will be able to handle all other conditions better. Plus if you just slow down a hair, you will go through those same TALL, WET areas and leave clippings that aren't 6" long! The front baffle in the eXmark deck allows the trim side grass to be hit by the center and discharge blades to further chop things up. Plus, the eXmark deck can mulch like no other large deck!

8. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

:rolleyes:

Here we go again.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto, Scott...maybe there is some reason that Toro is the parent company of eXmark? But, I have yet to see anyone's mower 10X better than another. Too much depends on the conditions, type of grass, moisture content, type of mower (WB vs Z), operator skills, # of blade/type confguration, blade sharpness, and customer preference on how they want their lawn to look b4 you leave.

This is a highly subjective topic...you simply cannnot "shoot from the hip" and say that something is 10 times better. Why not say 12? Or 27.39?

10. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

Nothing cuts through spring growth like an SFS deck fitted with doubles.