Toro vs. Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by casey, May 17, 2001.

1. casey

casey Guest

Can anyone tell me if the Toro SFS deck if better at side discharge than Exmark Tri-vantage. Toro claims SFS deck is designed for rough conditions, reduces clumping. I prefer Exmark Turf Tracer 36" ECS over 36" Toro hydro because 36" floating deck Toro does not have a mulch kit available. Only available for 36" fixed deck Toro. But I do alot of side discharge in rough conditions so wondering if SFS is significantly better than Tri-vantage deck.
  2. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

just this for a thought toro is owned by exmark....... but exmarks are better than toros
  3. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark is owned by Toro,and the fixed deck wb is an exmark.
  4. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I own a toro ztr. The super flow deck is very good for rough conditions. Dosnt clump at all in wet grass and you can cut through 2 feet of grass without any hesitation because of the design of the deck. ON the other hand this machine does not preform as well in normal conditions as a exmark would. The same deck design that allows it to cut wet grass without clumping and cut through tal grass easily makes it poor at mulching clippings compared to the exmark. If yo live in a area that gets alot of rain i would go with the toro. if not my choice would be the exmark!
  5. casey

casey Guest

thanks evan528. Very helpful. I have to cut alot of tall wet grass so will go with Toro SFS. Every Toro floating deck size except 36" has a mulch kit. Do uou think fixed deck 36" mulch kit would fit floating?
  6. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmark is owned by Toro...not vice versa. Toro is better in my opnion. They offer not one but two different mulch kits for the SFS deck. I have them on two of my 62" Z Masters. Cost was $62 each if I remember correctly. With the mulch kit and Atomics quality of cut will rival a mower with a catcher.