1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro vs. Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrassRoots Grounds, Jan 6, 2004.

1. GrassRoots Grounds

GrassRoots Grounds LawnSite Member

I have always used Toro WB's and Z's, i have been told that i would like Emark better if I tried them. What does everybody think is the better machine and why???
  2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

From testing I think exmark has better walk behind controls. The cut is about the same for sidedischarge. As for the z by looks they are about the same with minor differances.
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

This is ONE of my reasons.

4. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

Turbo Force decks on the new Toro is the one of my reasons for buying the z500

the only down side is I havent found a cool little model for the toro z like John has....
  5. toro turbo force
  6. The Happy Gardner

The Happy Gardner LawnSite Member

My understanding is that they are one in the same. My ExMark dealer said Toro owns ExMark as of 3 years ago. They are slowly mixing the best of both.
  7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Not 3 yrs ago. In 1997. The operate as 2 seperate companies. eXmark build the tractor portion of the ZTR's and toro puts their deck and a few other things on them. Toro has a few w/b that are eXmarks with toro stickers.

The mowers are different. The decks are different. They do cut different. They are different companies owned by one company.
  8. workaholic

workaholic LawnSite Senior Member

I own toros and like them but also know other lco that use exmark and to tell you the truth we did a side by side comparison and they both cut nice