1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro vs Gravely/ Woods

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by creekside, Jul 29, 2001.

1. creekside

creekside LawnSite Member

Hello Everyone,
    I know you are used to hearing from my husband Tim. I need your help; he is staying up til 1:00 and 2:00 a.m. reading this web-site and checking things out about these zero turns. He even has me wondering what is best! Here are our two choices:

1. Toro = 25hp Kohler / 62 inch deck /basic seat for $6899.00.
    2. Woods M 2560= which is a Gravely 260Z that has the 25 hp Kohler/ 60inch deck/ plus, hydraulic deck lift , flexing front axle, hood over engine, and suspenstion seat for $6850.00.

They both are so close in price. My BIGGEST concern is to not have too many maintence problems. I know with any machine you can have problems , but with you guys being the pro's on these zero turns is there one or the other that has perhaps an advantage over the other? The Toro dealer is only 10 miles from us and the Woods dealer is about 20. I need you all's help! We will be using this for our own use! I cant even believe we are going to spend this much money on a lawn mower! HA! Can't wait to hear from you so perhaps we can sleep!:confused:

Thanks, Lisa

P.S. Has the extra length of the 260z ever posed a problem for anyone?
  2. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

We looked at both at landscape showfor comfort and safety
    we liked the Gravely better. We = my daughter and I.
    We liked the controls on the Gravely. The design of the control levers is better. They return to neutral the Toro does not. Gravely
    has a air intake the toro not. If what your mowing is flat
    the Gravly is best. Demo both on your properties.