1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro vs. Gravely

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by dlite, Mar 22, 2007.

1. dlite

dlite LawnSite Member

I'm in the market for a ZTR mower as I have 1.5 acre lot with a decent amount of tree's. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I can't afford a commercial mower which is what I'd really like to have. So, I've looked at Toro Z4200 and Gravely ZT 1840 XL. These are both homeowners mowers so I know they're not built as good as commercial mowers. So I'm just looking for any opinions anybody might have on either of these two mowers. There is a slight cost difference - the Toro being a little less expensive then the Gravely. Thanks.
  2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you looked into getting a used commercial mower? They are reasonable and you can always find a deal on ebay for used equipment
  3. dlite

dlite LawnSite Member

Yes, I've looked around a little at used commercial mowers. But the thing that scares me about buying used is that I'm very mechanically challenged and wouldn't know if I was getting a good deal or not.....for the most part. Most of them do NOT offer warranty's and that's the one thing new mowers have. I'm certainly open to buying used commercial but a little apprehensive since I'm such a novice when it comes to "fixing things", etc.