Toro vs Scag....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eggy, Oct 17, 2001.

1. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Well I have stopped in the middle of the day to make this post, I am just about over Scag. My dealer also carrys Toro and after review the master z line looks pretty good. Toro users your thoughts and any body used Scag before switching......I am just not getting the performence of cut needed to stay on top....from scag..

2. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Well from what I've heard, you won't get it from Toro either. Every person I know who has used Toro Commercial equipment thinks it is $h!t. I have only used their stuff at the Expo and wasn't too impressed. By dealer even bad mouths it. I think it's more for the homeower with a larger lawn i.e. Snapper.
    I'm not a huge fan of Exmark, every one here loves them, so check them out.
    I LOVE:blob1: Great Dane, so check them out too.
    I also like Gravely's stuff, especially their 36" w/b.

3. casey

casey Guest

Been running Toro & Exmark WB's & 21's for years. Exmark has had a slight edge in reliability, a slightly larger edge in performance, & a huge edge in support. Would buy Exmark exclusively but the SFS deck keeps me coming back to Toro occasionally.

4. andyslawns

andyslawns LawnSite Member

i absolutley love my toros. never have got to use a scag but there is nothing wrong with the toros!!!!!!!!!!:blob4:

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

ive heard a lot of good news about the toro z master. i have an exmark lazer, but i hear its pretty close cut wise and durability. ive heard of more people unhappy with the turf tiger than z master people.

6. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

We have Toro's.

Love them.

They make/made some bad machines, but overall they're great.

7. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys I might give scag a try for a while longer......but boy they need to step up or sell out....

8. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Come on now Mr.Groundskeeping i can tell youve never demoed a Z-Master. Ive have Scag,Snapper and Toro,the Scag is a 52" walkbehind Snapper 52" walkbehind Toro 62" SFS Z-Master and will cut as well as any mower on the market. I demoed the Danes and exmarks and Turftigers before i made my pick, exmarks have the same cut as the Toro's which is great, Danes and Scags tend to clump very bad and the cut is not near as good as the others. My reason for the Toro was the deck, around here the humid weather leaves the grass wet untill around noon and the Toro cut is second to none. I demoed the new Scag ultra with the new deck this yr and was very unhappy with the cut. Got'a love those Z Masters. Marks Mowing Service ps favorite is still my 93 Snapper