toro vs. snapper 21" commercial

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cashcrazy, May 19, 2007.

1. Cashcrazy

Cashcrazy LawnSite Member

I have never took the hit and purchased a commercial trim mower. My dealer is pushing the snapper commercial, but I have been told good things about the toro. I wanted a few opinions from people who have used them. I will be getting a self propel model.

2. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

We have three 21" Snappers. We rotate them out on a weekly basis but they see anywhere from 8-10 hrs a week as a trim mower. Never had one fail on me yet. I'd say that they all have 500-600 hrs. on them.

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

get the toro -the snapper is woefully unreliable. just take a look at the drive sys and judge for your self which is the better desighn

4. newtex

newtex LawnSite Member

Go with the Toro! I have a 21" Snapper and it's exactly one year old. It's been in the shop for over a week because a bracket broke and a bearing completely fell apart. Both parts were part of the drive system. The self-propelled engage cables break faithfully on the Snappers. The cut isn't that great either.

5. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Toro is crap, period. I've had both. The Snapper RULES the 21" market, or at least it SHOULD. BTW, I've had the homeowner models of both machines, for trim work. That Toro fell apart in 2 months, absolute JUNK. The Snapper is now my friend's mower, still running PERFECTLY years later.