Toro Walk Behind Problems

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by streamlight2, Apr 19, 2014.

1. streamlight2

streamlight2 LawnSite Member

BTW, I have the service manual pdf for this engine but it does not give torque specs for the lower crankshaft bolt, viper8524 do you know what the torque is for that bolt?
  2. viper8524

viper8524 LawnSite Member

4ohms is high. usually most clutches test between, 1.8-3.2ohms

The improved PTO clutch securing system used on 2005 Mid-Size models
    can be used on the above prior year models. The new system consists of a
    drive pulley with a larger hub diameter, a larger diameter flat washer and 2
    spring washers.

CORRECTION: When replacing a PTO clutch, also order and install the new parts listed
    below. Torque the crankshaft bolt to 55 - 60 ft. lbs.

If you end up replacing the clutch there was a bulletin that says to use these following new parts for added durability:

PARTS: 1 p/n 105-2635 Clutch
    2 p/n 1-603610 Spring Washer
    1 p/n 107-4136 Washer
    1 p/n 107-4112 Drive Pulley
  3. streamlight2

streamlight2 LawnSite Member

Ok, looks like I'll be replacing the clutch thanks for the info.
  4. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know but I would give that thing a serious cleaning first, I wouldn't even think of working on a dirty machine like that, dirt gets in the way of brand new parts and you'll be back to square one minus a few hundred dollars, no sir.

Clean it up good, what I would do.
  5. Hammer05

Hammer05 LawnSite Member

I have a 30166 and I am having drive problems. I replaced the belt and idler spring but it seems the belt is still slipping in the crank shaft pulley. This unit has the upper and lower sleeves 74-0050 & 74-0060. A recent post noted to replace with 107-4112. Do you think this will solve this drive problem? Thanks
  6. dirksmudge

dirksmudge LawnSite Member

Just to let you know, I have this same TORO 52" mower. I just finished a very successful repowering of it with a Vanguard 18 HP Twin to take the place of the tired Kawasaki 12.5 HP. The valve seats are a weak spot on the Kawasaki engines of that vintage. I had already done a complete re do once.

If you ever get interested in a repower, I can help.
  7. Hammer05

Hammer05 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. If I ever need to re-power I will look you up.