Toro walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DaveinVa, Mar 18, 2001.

1. DaveinVa

DaveinVa LawnSite Member

I need your help - a local gal has a Toro 36" walk behind 1999 model - less than 10 hours on it - 12.5 kawasaki motor - she's asking $1500 for it - Is this a good deal - or a stay away from it? Thanks for your help.
    Dave

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not really up on the Toro prices, but it sure sounds like a good deal to me! It's brand new! I think Larry (Stone) would be able to give you as good of a prospective on this as anyone else could

3. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

New they are about $2300 - $2400 plus tax.

4. DaveinVa

DaveinVa LawnSite Member

thought I might add - it does have the t grip and the commercial deck.....seems toro does make a jolly homeowner deck but this one is commercial.
    Thanks again,
    Dave

5. The beauty of the Toros are that in the future you could find some 52" beater cheap and change mowing decks from one machine to another.

From what I have seen it looks like the 2001 models have changed. I don't know if they will be backwards compatble
    back to the 1985 models (first year for t=bar).

If you ever get up my way I have a toro factory bagging kit
    I would like to sell for about 1/3 of new retail. It needs
    new cloth ($36 mail order).

6. DaveinVa

DaveinVa LawnSite Member

Just thought I'd follow-up on my original inquire on the Toro Walk behind. I met with the gal early Sunday morning and bought the mower for $1250 cash. I feel I got a good deal - and sure did appreciate the input I got from you guys beforehand.
    Dave

7. yorkpaddy

yorkpaddy LawnSite Member

i don't know about the interchangability aspect. if its a fixed deck, your stuck with 36. i have a 36 inch fixed deck toro, its great. and $1500 is a great deal, i wish i had found that 2 years ago.