Toro WB Sulky Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WH Lawn Care, Mar 5, 2006.

1. WH Lawn Care

WH Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I am picking up my new Toro 36" WB Gear Drive next week. It has the 15HP Kohler, Fix Deck, and T-Bar. I would like to get some fresh opinions on the best 2 wheeled sulky to put on it. Any input from anyone using this type of set up would be greatly appreciated. Also, I was not sure if the type of sulky I used would be limited with a gear drive vs. hydro? Thanks so much!

2. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

You need a trailering sulky. Like Velky or Bull rider. The Toro and Lesco
    sulkies are for hydros only. Ed

3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

You may also have to add to some weight to the front of the mower to keep it from bouncing.

4. whiteslawnservices

whiteslawnservices LawnSite Member

the toro mowers are not good products up hills they load up and start blowing smoke out the exahaust try a john deere 54 inch stand up zero turn no junggel wheels, there mower its awsome it doesnt hurt your knees, or ankels. think about it i would not get a walk behind the front ends jump and bounce too much making your cut look bad.

5. WH Lawn Care

WH Lawn Care LawnSite Member

It says the Bull rider should not be used on a machine under 48". Is that true? How about 2 wheeled Jungle Jim?

6. lawnguy001

lawnguy001 LawnSite Member

I've used jungle wheels on belt drives and on both of my hydros for years w/no problems.

7. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I have the toro 36 wb gear drive...i have a jungle wheel which is a 2 wheel sulky. Its been good but you have to chain it up before you can reverse...this is a pain...the velkex2 will flip around and go in reverse without chaining it up.....i would suggest the velkex2:drinkup:

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have a Toro wb gear drive with T-Bar controls. I have a single wheel velke but if I had to buy all over again I would get a 2 wheel velke just so that the wheel marks line up with the mower wheels.

wayne