Toro WB ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawntime Mowers, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Lawntime Mowers

Lawntime Mowers LawnSite Member
    from KC MO

2. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

Go with the 40" turbo force you will be much happier with the deck, but i would recommend you go with the pistol grips because i have heard bad things about the T-Bar

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

You are right about the T-bar hydro's, they don't even make those except by special request and you'd be a fool to get one due to the inherent design. But then I've used gear-driven T-bars ever since I started and don't plan on switching anytime soon, why pay a thousand more for sufferance and pain?

4. Lawntime Mowers

from KC MO

Thanks man for the fast response
    Couple questions:
    1. How's the cut with the fixed deck? I have a fixed deck on my Z but would like a floating deck for just a few accounts.
    2. I only need a 36"....is there a reason or problem you said 40" over the 36"?

Thanks in advance
    C~

5. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

Well with the 40" you will decrease your cutting times, 40 can still fit through most gates and just is more profitable, the fixed decks are fine they cut good, don't worry about scalping if the deck doesn't go past the length of the wheels you don't have to worry, usually if your running a 42 in deck or more you should go floating.

6. Lawntime Mowers

from KC MO

I looked at them a few months ago and didn't really care for the T-bar system.
    Glad to hear the pistol grip is the way to go.
    Thanks
    C~

7. Lawntime Mowers

from KC MO

Ahhh OK....but here's the reason I asked.
    I'm looking at putting both mowers side by side on the trailer so I don't have to pull one off just to get to the one I need to use.
    I have a 48" Z that folds up to 35.5" and the 36" WB would allow the side by side on a 6' trailer.