1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro WB

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by firecapt13, Sep 17, 2006.

1. firecapt13

firecapt13 LawnSite Member
    from NC

I have 2 toro walk behind mowers, one is hydro the other is belt drive. On the hydro mower the fuse for the blade control keeps getting extremly hot, and has blown fuses. The belt drive one blew a fuse and someone put in a higher amp fuse and now the blades will not engage at all. Can any one give any insight into this, or has anyone experienced this. Thay are both 1999 models and other than this they run great.
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I would suggest checking the clutch air gap adjustment, If your clutch looks like the one below there is three slots in part # 5 to insert a 0.012 feeler gage and adjust the three nuts until you feel a little drag on the gage. But only move each nut a little at a time because one will throw the other out. Make about 3 rounds making sure all three are equal.

3. hofferj01

hofferj01 LawnSite Member

Hello, i was wondering if you ever found out why the fues keep blowing, i am having the same problem.

Thanks, Justin