1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

toro wb

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bone1, Mar 25, 2008.

1. bone1

bone1 LawnSite Member
    from ga

guys, i don't know anyone with a toro. so i will ask everyone here. i am fixing to buy a new toro wb. just wanted to get some opinions from the guys who have them or used them. thanks for any opinions!
  2. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Toro proline 44 that has the floating deck. Its a 1994 and still has many good years left. I love it and believe the only WB I would buy is Toro or Exmark. That 44 is the smallest mower I use and when I replace it I will go to 48 or larger. i dont think you can go wrong with a Toro.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

ive got one to very good mower :weightlifter::clapping:just make sure you get the "t bar"
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

All I've ever used for a Wb.

Bought two used 52" float decks starting out.
    Switched to a '97 48" fixed deck my 2nd year, still had the two 52's.
    Got rid of one 52" my 3rd year.
    Bought another 48" my 4th year (new), sold the last 52"

That's how it's been ever since.
  5. mcgruff

mcgruff LawnSite Member

I was wondering if those of you who use toro walkbehind could give me a ballpark on price on a 36 in toro floating and fixed, hydro and gear driven mower.

I know it depends on dealers but just to get me in the basic arena. Thanks
  6. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I had a 52" Toro for a LLOOONNNGGG time and it was the best wb I have had.
  7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Or the new T2...
  8. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

A floater 36" will be between $5000 and $5800. I am not sure how much a fixed would be because I didn't even consider them. For the new Toro T2 I don't think you will find a mower that is built tougher...a very well thought out machine. For the money the 40" fit the bill over the Exmarks because it was electric start, larger engine, rubber chute, heavier frame, better controls and only $800 more then a comparable Exmark (The 36").

I paid $5800 for my 40".
  9. mcgruff

mcgruff LawnSite Member

ok great, thank you for the quick response
  10. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

I picked up a 40" fixed deck t-bar with the new turbo force deck last season for around $2799. Wouldn't run anything but Toro.