Toro WBs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by j05h22, Apr 15, 2008.

1. j05h22

j05h22 LawnSite Member

Who uses Toro WBs? I'm thinkin about getting one but no one seems to talk about them..:confused: I would love any input good or bad! Thanks!:waving:
  2. XterraJohn

XterraJohn LawnSite Member

I have a 36" fixed-deck T-bar with the turbo-force deck. I like it quite a bit. I think that the T-bar is great, and have a hard time imagining having to use a mower with pistol grips.
  3. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Toro WBs are great. I have one that is on its 9th yr, over 4,000 hrs and it still mows all day 4 days a week. If you intend to get a belt drive, T-bar is the only way to go. I bet the T-2 is pretty sweet, never used one though.
  4. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I've got 2-36". 1 is 20 yrs old other is 10. Great machines. T-handles are fantastic. I can make a 180 turn with 1 hand and scratch my butt with the other!!!
  5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I'd say you've certainly gotten your money's worth out of it !!
  6. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I've gone through a couple of T-bars. I wasn't particularly in love with the SFS Deck (or whatever it was) - but the Turbo Force is just awesome.

Pound for pound, I don't know that you could beat their value.

I've modded mine to operate faster and love it. Easily handles a sulky. Easy on the grass (not hard to avoid turfing). Fuel efficient. Easy to repair yourself when the need arises.

The drawbacks I've found:

** A couple of components are underbuilt. (But these can be fixed day one with a little welding).

** Turbo Force deck is quite heavy - which leads to belt wear and tire wear greater than on old SFS deck.

** I seem to bust a front fork castor at least once or twice a year.

** The monster spindles on the Turbo Force deck are a magnet for grass buildup.

All in all, when I go looking for a new mower, I seem to settle for a T-bar. When I look at what you get for the price - and how much more hydros cost... I find that the T-Bars do everything I need with ease, so why spend the extra dough???
  7. I tried out a Toro hydro WB with the new style controls. It was just around the parking lot but I liked them better than my T-bar belt drive.
    They're like mini ZTR controls.
  8. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I have the Toro 40" T2 17hp(which is the new controls that people are talking about) and I love it. Very fast, cuts like there is no tomorrow.
  9. bladecutter582

bladecutter582 LawnSite Member

LawnSite Bronze Member

10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

You are not far away, come over to Winder GA and they have one at Larrys Easy Pay which is a Toro and Exmark dealer. If you are interested its the 40" just like mine and I can provide a phone number for Larrys.

PM sent btw...